Addison V.


“Oh ya, oh ya!” I exclaimed as I saw a new brown AMAZON box just sitting on the table waiting for me to open it.
On the box I saw the name: “Unkle Isaac” it read. The brown Amazon box was from my uncle that lives in Alaska. I saw a black and white Amazon note card that read: “Happy birthday Addison. Best wishes from Isaac.” In my head I thought that all the notes that I get from Amazon. They are white and black and they always have a note that says Happy birthday (your name) best wishes. (the senders name) I know this because all of my notes from Amazon are say that.
         
I opened the brown Amazon box and there was a fish-like creature swimming as gracefully in the clear, glass water.
“What is it?” I curiously asked.
“It’s a tadpole, a tadpole is like a fish at first, but then it turns into a frog.” My mom explained.
“I can’t believe I get my own pet! And even better I got a frog” I shouted.
“I bet you are.” My mom sighed.
My sister Avery overheard and came stomping like a giant saying, “No way you get a animal, what about me?” She whined as always.
She was wearing a pink sports outfit that said “Girls Rule.” She smelled like roses that were blossoming in the spring.
“Ya I did, and even better I got a tadpole named... Bob.” I agreed to myself, trying to annoy her.
As I took a glance of my sister’s fists and I thought that she could have broken all of her fingers! Stay away. I thought
(My mom would know what to do in moments like these.) Steam was bursting straight out of her ears as if a train was going crazy in her head!
I took a glance to look at the Brown Amazon box and in bold letters there was a sign that said “FEED FISH IMMEDIATELY!” So as quick as a blink of an eye.Sentences where flashing in my head, will he die? Will he live? What will happen? What did I do?

I got out the container of tadpole food that was filled up to the brim, full of tadpole food that was scented  like dog food, the reeking of the odor was intoxicating my nose. “Ohh my nose!” I yelped.
I fed my empty tadpole with the orange paper like food as quickly as possible.

The next morning I gave my precious tadpole one last scoop of tadpole food and then I said my goodbyes to my precious tadpole, like it was the last thing I would say to him, like he wouldn’t be there when I get home, but I knew that wasn’t true.

 When I rushed into my cozy, brown house I shouted “Bob where are you?” My sisters and brothers were looking everywhere, we looked right, left, up, down trying to find him, we looked right where I left him, I looked in my room and everywhere until I felt a voice in my head saying “ Go, go to the bathroom, go to the bathroom.” It bellowed. “I rushed there as fast I could, I saw my mom frozen over the white, shiny toilet in our house.
She moved her hand as if she was saying come here.
What are you doing standing over the toilet? I thought. From that moment on I knew that someone or something will die today.
“Look in the toilet.” She mumbled.

“What is he doing in the toilet?”I questioned.

He’s… he’s dead.” She stammered.

“What? No that can be true!

“He’s dead.” My Mom mumbled.
“NO HE’S NOT! HOW IS HE DEAD?”
 I screamed.
“I don’t know I just know that he wasn’t moving, so I flushed him down the toilet.”
“He was not dead, you flushed him down the toilet because you don’t like him, that’s what happend isn’t it.” I as my hands were getting as  tight as can be, my body was getting denser and denser, my face was getting redder and redder by the moment.
         
“That’s not the reason why, I flushed him down the toilet. I flushed him down the toilet because he wasn’t swimming or moving, I swear, do you think I would lie to you?” I was so frustrated that my tadpole got to live for only one day that I ran upstairs and slammed the door as hard as I could.
My fingers were so tight that I thought they broke. 10 minutes after Bob died I heard footsteps on the stairs leading to my room. This reminds me of the day when my dog died because that was one of the worst moments in my life, now I’m going to remember this moment for the rest of my life. When she entered, she seated herself on my bed and muttered

“I’m sorry Addison, I didn’t mean to flush your tadpole down the toilet, I really thought he was dead.”

“That sentence was a sentence that I thought I would never hear ever in my life.” I blurted out loud as we both laughed.”
         
This reminds me of the day that I caught the bright green, pine tree right next to my house, on fire.
I sat down with my parents and thought about what I did. That day I felt depressed and I felt like I was scarred for life.
“I think I got caught up in the moment. I’m sorry that I shouted at you”
“This is all my fault.” my mom sorrowed.
          “No it’s not. It’s mine. If I didn’t want this tadpole for my birthday this wouldn’t have happened.” I said confidently.
All out of nowhere I saw minuteur raindrops falling from the sky outside my window.

I smelled the soft and humid smell of nature, the smell of a nature calms me down and at that moment, I felt as calm as a butterfly in the spring.
 My eyes started to fog up like there was something in my eye. It was like there was my own raindrops coming out of my eyes. That moment I felt the feeling of sadness. One of the worst feelings.

I didn’t just rain outside, I felt the the wet dops of my eyes slowly falling down my soft checks.
And as soon as I looked up I was glued into my mom’s arms. I felt so safe and I felt like nothing could ever happen to me. I forgot of how Bob just died and how everything I just blocked out.

“Let’s go down stairs to eat.
 Everyone will be happy if you go down stairs. dad just got home. Then I heard my brother and my two sisters and my dad laughing, so why not go down stairs.
 This was like the time when my dad and I were angry at each other and after we sorrowed we forgive each other. My mom and I forgave each other, we felt like we can never be more sorry in our life.
I went to sleep thinking I’m kind of glad that this happened to me because then I can remember the time of when my pet tadpole Bob died and how I felt when he died. This was a moment that I will remember for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment