Sophie P.


   Milk and Cookies

“We need to figure something out,” said Kira sturnly. We were all sitting in the kitchen plotting our revenge.  The little island house we were on sheltered us.My cousin Sam threw moon jellies at Jenny. He must have been plotting this for days. Just the right moment. He knew Jenny didn't like moon jellies but he threw them at her anyway.We were planning a prank that was so evil so mischievous. I really want to get back at Sam. It would be so funny and he would learn to never mess with Jenny and us.
 “ I think we should take out that clown game and terrify him with that!” said Jack. His smile dug down into us. I thought about all the possibilities. I had never been really good at making pranks and funny stuff up.
“ Oh, ooh we can hide all around the island and pretend the clown killed us.” said Kira. “ We could take a BUTTER KNIFE….’’
“ Butter knife really Kira’’ said Brynn.
“Any way we could put ketchup or cranberry sauce and put it next to that clown game. Then we could write a note saying YOU'RE NEXT.” Kira said.
 “I don’t think he will get scared” I said
Jenny was tapping the table anxiously. Kira frowned.
          “How about we  bake cookies but put hot sauce in them” Brynn excitedly said.
“I agree that sounds cool, but who would we test them on?” I argued.
 “ I know SNAIL!!!!!!!!!!” They all  said.  I didn't really know who Snail was, but I just went along with them.
              
               So we made our choco chip cookies. We  only baked one to see if it was spicy enough. We gave it to Snail.
“Wow that cookie was tasty!”he said. He sat on the couch watching the waves roll in and out, in and out.
“Was  its spicy?” asked Brynn.
“Nah not really” he said. So we went back to the bowl and added more.
          “ I bet ya this one's gonna be the one’’ I announced. I was so hopeful. The metallic bowl slide across the counter. I added some more hot sauce for extra spice. We baked that one and gave it to Snail.
“How is is now? Spicy?” Kira asked.
 “Yeah tiny bit.” He handed it to Jack. “Try  it  o’ll Jackie boy, see how you likes it” Snail said. We turned to Jack. He had a weird smile on his face.
 “ Yeah, sure, I’ll try.” so we gave him the other half. His face turned red, his eyeballs shot out of there sockets. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” He screamed. He shot to the fridge and opened the gallon milk jug. And he drank. That milk slipped down his throat so fast. After about a minute the whole milk jug was gone. His face cooled down to a more normal color.
“ Jack are you ok?” I said. He walked over to the couch and plopped. Just fell down right in front of us. I could already see the cookies on the table. Sam reaching for them. His first bite like a bomb. His face sent a blow as Kira laughed hysterically. And I just saw Jenny in the corner.
“Ok guessing you need a nap?” Brynn asked. He just nodded. We turned to Jenny. “ Its ready” we said.She looked kinda happy but had the word NO was written all over her.
               
                         So we left the cookie on the table for Sam. We covered it with plastic wrap that said ONLY FOR SAM SAFFERSTEIN! I think this is going to turn out the way we planned. This prank is gonna be awesome, let's hope he has the amazing reaction we are hoping for.
 “Kira I think this is too much, Jack already drank the whole milk jug.  And he only ate half the cookie. What will he drink when he passes out like Jack?” complained Jenny.
“ Jenny you care way too much about us. Sam's pretty much a grown man, I bet he can handle the heat.” said Kira. Jenny didn't argue back. And I was so excited.

                                     Maybe half an hour later we saw Sam sit at the table.
 “Jenny he's here let's watch.” said Kira. We walked our way over to Sam.
          “Why’d you make me cookies?” he asked questioningly, “ and why are they labeled only for me.”
“We baked cookies for the family while  you were upstairs. Why, we asked you if you wanted any but you just ignored us. Kira’s very good at making stuff because Sam fell right into her hands. The plan was a go-go. Sam opened the plastic wrap and reached for a cookie. I was so excited, it welled up into me like a big balloon. Then pop my excitement vanished.  Why, How, did it happen? Right before he took the cookie into his mouth Jenny slapped the spicy, delicious looking cookie out of his hand and took away the plate of the choco-cookie.
 “ JENNY!” we all screamed and whinned. Even Sam was mad.
“ JENNY I WAS ABOUT TO EAT THE COOKIE!” yelled Sam.
“JENNY Sam was about to eat our hot sauce cookies! We spent so long trying to make them overly spicy.” said Kira like a three year old baby.
“ That's the point. I couldn't let Sam eat those. You saw what happened to Jack. You knew there was no milk.” said Jenny. Sam looked confused.
“ Kira you were going to give me hot sauce cookies?” said Sam. His forehead lines all jumbled up into one pile “I know my prank was low. But you went through all the trouble of making cookies with hot sauce then gave it to your brothers. Brynn, Sophie you even helped her? Wow.” He looked around my astonished, and questioning face make me look look like as piece of art in a museum.

 As I thought of it our prank was mean, very mean. Throwing moon jellies wouldn't hurt her. They don't even sting. But hot sauce? That would hurt Sam a lot. And there wasn't even any milk. He would have to deal with the pain. I'm happy Sam didn't eat the cookies. But all that excitement balloon left me feeling like a rock. Deep in sorrow. Why did I agree to all of this? He was also my cousin after all. We should all probably apologize and I was first.
“ I'm sorry Sam. Why did we agree to do something so mean?” I said. Everyone else apologized. Even Jenny.

                   My sorrow had half gone away. I sat on my bunk bed playing cards. I think Kira, Jack and Brynn had mostly left there apologizes. But I still felt that lump.
I thought about what Sam did. I remembered when he grabbed the bucket full of water and plopped 5 moon jellies in there. We were all on the dock and were jumping into the water. Sam emerged from the bushes and  grabbed the bucket of salt water and jellies. He threw the bucket at Jenny. She quickly  ran away to get her towel.  Sam didn't benefit from throwing the moon jellies.  Sam should have just left her alone.  I thought if he just didn't do it we all would not have to be in this shell of sadness.

As I emerged back to the game Aunt Karen walked into the room
.         “ Kira Safferstein! You made hot sauce cookies and tried to feed them to your brothers!” yelled Aunt Karen.
“ Yeah.” she replied. Aunt Karen's face was furious.
“ Have you apologized to them?”Aunt Karen announced
 Kira said “ yeah mom”
“ You missy go get some milk and all the other ingredients you wasted on those cookies with Jenny. She called a water taxi it's coming soon.” said Aunt Karen bossily.  So Kira got off the bed and got ready. I never really got a vibe that Sam was still mad at me so I kinda just brushed it off. As the day went by I thought how Sam would have felt towards us if we had given them to him. If that would leave a scar in his heart. If he would be mad and never forget the day his family betrayed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment