Anthony C.




It was a Sunday morning and I was sitting on the couch with my mom and dad. I think it was about 8:35 and my dad’s phone rings. He got up and goes over to his phone and answers it. About 2 & ½ minutes later he comes back and whispers something into my mom’s ear that I could not hear. She whispers something back into my dads ear that I also could not hear because I was on the other couch watching videos on my mom’s phone. I was distracted and didn’t even pay attention to what was happening around me although I did hear my dad's phone ring but that was it.   I know he will tell me later. Or maybe I have to ask him. Usually, I have to ask him so I probably will do that unless he tells me first. It definitely seems important. I hope nobody passed away or someone is really sick.That would just be really disappointing.. I don’t think anybody passed away or is sick because when my dad whispered whatever it was into my mom's ear she seemed happy so I assume it was something good I thought to myself as I typed. 

          Two hours later at 12:00 while we were walking inside to go eat lunch, I asked my dad, “ Hey dad, remember that phone call you had this morning”?
“Yea, why do you ask?” He replied as we walked into the kitchen.
“What was it about? Who called you?”
“You know what? I’ll tell you a little later when mom gets home from work, Ok.?”
“Ok, fine.”

The day before we were leaving for Cape Cod, I was packing stuff and seeing what I want to bring, going through clothes, choosing what 2 pairs of shoes I wanted to bring, what jacket to bring, all that stuff.

The next morning I got up and ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, got changed into my normal clothes and all that stuff. Then I finished packing my suitcase.

          12:50 pm
                   “Anthony,we have to leave in 10 minutes, ok?” My dad said as I got an apple out of the fridge.
“Ok.”
Then I walked into the living room, turned on the tv and sat on the couch.

10 Minutes later

¨Ok Anthony! Time to go! We are finally ready to go. Are you excited?¨
 ¨HECK YA!¨ I shouted.
Meanwhile, my mom was still putting on her clothes and had to comb her hair and brush her teeth. She’s lucky because me and my dad were still putting the suitcases, beach bags, cooler and some other stuff like a phone wall-charger and a phone car-charger.
 Finally, 5 minutes later, my dad starts the car, we pull out of the garage, and start heading down our 400 ft long driveway. (My mom did get in the car)
6 hours later

Finally I see the the sign. Cape Cod ¼  a mile. Inside I am so happy and scared in a good way.  

20 minutes later

“Anthony!! Wake up! We’re here!” My dad yelled as we passed a sign that said: WELCOME TO CAPE COD which also woke up my mom.(She falls asleep wherever we go). I can’t believe I fell asleep when were so close! I thought to myself. “Wow, I have never heard of a lot of these places! There is a lot of interesting names!” I screamed. I saw so many cool building and places. I saw 3 or 4 really cool mini golf places on the way to our cottage.

10 minutes later

We turn onto this road and were driving down toward the cottages where we staying. All of a sudden we spot Mario and he sees us so we slow down and he comes to window of our car and says, “Hey guys! How was the drive?”
“It was good.” My mom replied
“Good. Hey Anthony! What’s up?
“Nothin’.  Just chillin’.”
Mario laughed.
“ Anyway. Follow me with your car to the parking lot specifically for people who are staying at the cottages. There is also that parking lot over there but you have to pay to park there. Besides, this is right next to the place to sign in.” So we parked and got out of the car. It was a little cold I have to say. It was because we were like 50 or so yards from the beach so there a breeze coming off the water.
Mario told me to get 2 or 3 little carts to put our luggage so it’s our luggage is not as heavy. My dad walked inside the building to find out which cottage is the one we staying in. Meanwhile, Mario unloaded our car and put the luggage into the carts. Then my dad walks out with 2 papers and says,” Our cottage number is A-2”. Then Mario tells us that our cottage is actually the cottage closest to the beach.

Eventually, after we got into our cottage, unpacked and stuff, me and my dad walked down to beach.  The people who were staying in these cottages actually had a part of the beach that was for us only. We had a private beach! I bent down and picked up a hand of sand and said,” Wow. This sand is really soft.” The beach looked so nice. I can’t believe we’re staying here. This is the most amazing day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment